Frequently Asked Questions
How to sign into your Google/Samsung account
- Sign into your Google Account (Gmail). This step is required if you intend to download apps from the Google Play store.
- Logging into your Google Account (Gmail) will allow previously synced items (contacts, favorites, calendar, etc.) to be automatically synced to your new device
- Additionally, Samsung devices may ask you to sign into your Samsung Account.
How to set-up your new smartphone
- Insert SIM Card
- If SIM card IS active and you’re going to continue using it, your phone number will automatically be active on the new device once inserted.
- If SIM card is NOT activated (you need to use a new one), login to your My TELUS Account to activate it.
- Power on
- Once it’s turned on, the device will walk you through the set-up menu with clear instructions. Work through it to gain access to device usage.
- Transfer content
- Depending on the type of device, content transfer options will be listed in the set-up menu.
- Make a test call
- Call a family member or friend to ensure the device works properly.
We are available to help you through our online chat! https://phoneexpertsconsumer.com/contact/
How to insert SIM card
- Find your SIM pin in the box, usually found within the booklet/box of papers.
- Insert the pin into the SIM card ejector hole as far as it will go. The SIM card tray will pop out.
- Insert Nano SIM Card (Smallest cut out of SIM Card) into the tray. Insert the tray back into the device. *The SIM only fits into the tray one way – if you must force it, it’s incorrect and could cause damage.
Still have questions? We’re here to help.