Welcome to Phone Experts Support
Frequently Asked Questions
How to sign into your Google/Samsung account
- Sign into your Google Account (Gmail). This step is required if you intend to download apps from the Google Play store.
- Logging into your Google Account (Gmail) will allow previously synced items (contacts, favorites, calendar, etc.) to be automatically synced to your new device
- Additionally, Samsung devices may ask you to sign into your Samsung Account.
How to set-up your new smartphone
- Insert SIM Card
- If SIM card IS active and you’re going to continue using it, your phone number will automatically be active on the new device once inserted.
- If SIM card is NOT activated (you need to use a new one), login to your My TELUS Account to activate it.
- Power on
- Once it’s turned on, the device will walk you through the set-up menu with clear instructions. Work through it to gain access to device usage.
- Transfer content
- Depending on the type of device, content transfer options will be listed in the set-up menu.
- Make a test call
- Call a family member or friend to ensure the device works properly.
Why is my bill more than I expected?
TELUS bills one month in advance for recurring charges. On your first bill, this amount is added to a partial cost from your date of activation to your billing date. Your first bill may also include a one-time activation or installation fee.
Here is a video to help you learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYU92_CYqw8&feature=emb_title
How to insert SIM card
- Find your SIM pin in the box, usually found within the booklet/box of papers.
- Insert the pin into the SIM card ejector hole as far as it will go. The SIM card tray will pop out.
- Insert Nano SIM Card (Smallest cut out of SIM Card) into the tray. Insert the tray back into the device. *The SIM only fits into the tray one way – if you must force it, it’s incorrect and could cause damage.
I live in a rural community, does this mean I can’t get TELUS home services?
Not to worry, Smart Hub utilizes the TELUS LTE Network to provide fixed high-speed internet access to rural households. Contact us so to find out if your address qualifies!
How can I change the Optik TV channels I’m currently subscribed to?
It’s easy, you can access your channel subscriptions using your online account at www.telus.com/mytelus or using the My TELUS app. From here, you can add or remove channels or build a new package. It may take up to 24 hours for you to have access to your new channels.
Still have questions? We’re here to help.